Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cruise (part 2)

Our trip to Mexico, part 2:

Our ferry ride to Stone Island (Mazatlan).

Some cool caves we saw on our way.





Showing us who is the boss.


Stone Island and the coconut grove.

The kids body boarding.
Playing in the sand.
Sydney went on her first horseback ride with Jay. They loved it.


We had a very nice lunch while on the island and spent some time in the water and at the beach.
Sydney is all tuckered out after a long day in the sun.
The city of Mazatlan as we were setting sail. This is all we saw of downtown. I guess we'll have to go back some time soon.



Arriving in Cabo:
We all pose by a boat named Karen.
We boarded a catamaran and went whale watching.
Jay pretending to captain his own ship.

The coolest place for the kids to hang out. Every once in a while, we hit a big wave and the kids got soaked.

Karen and David looking pretty relaxed (at least for now). Both Justin and Lauren would get pretty sea sick later on. We were happy to find out that both of our kids do just fine on a boat for an extended period of time.
The famous arch.


Whales. We got pretty close but catching them on film was a little tricky. I was hoping one would actually jump out of the water like you see on t.v. all the time. It didn't happen but they were still pretty cool.


Lauren, Sydney, Collin and Justin checking out the lobster tank.
Sydney in her little Mexican get-up.
Back on the boat:
The kids get in a little water slide and jacuzzi time. Since a storm was moving into Cabo, the wind was blowing and it got a little cold.



2 comments:

Shannon said...

Okay, I think it's time Larry and I booked a cruise with you guys. I'm glad you guys know how to have a good time!

Nicole said...

So glad to see the update! I miss being able to see my neice and nephew and their goings on. Love all the pictures! And most importantly, congratulations to Sydney for working so hard on her spelling and doing so well! We are so proud of you, cutie. Such a good example for our little girl too.