A funny thing happened on the way to Mexico.....

Last Tuesday, my former boss called me while our plane was enroute to PHX. I got off the plane and looked at my phone and noticed I had a message. I really didn't want to listen to the message, but I figured I had 30 minutes to kill, so why not. He said there is position available over in the new district. Meanwhile, on that flight from SLC to PHX we sat next to the sister-in-law of a principal in Canyons District. This was the principal with whom I would be interviewing. When I talked to the principal, I told her that her sister-in-law "said hi" which was quite odd and amazing.
If that was not weird enough, the day after we arrived Natalie and I dragged the kids to Mega to do some shopping for the week. While in Mega, I noticed a couple speaking English. I politely asked "Where are you from?" They responded "Salt Lake". What a small world! We talked a little more and they asked us what we did for a living? We responded that we were teachers. The husband asked for which district and we responded "Jordan". He told us that he happened to be an Asst. Superintendent from Canyons. What a small world. Anyway, I did get the job offer to go to Mount Jordan Middle School. Last year it was Natalie getting a job while in Mexico, this year it was Jay. I hate to think what kind of jobs we would get if we went to Europe?
Finally, we at last night at this place called UTIL Pasta Factory. It reminded me of Piccollo's in Denver. Thick noodles and a great sauce. It was awesome.
1 comment:
CONGRATS! We are so excited for you Jay! You guys always seem to find good people wherever you go. Can we go to that pasta place while we are there? Pasta is one of the easiest things for me to eat. Hamburgars the hardest. Again Jay, Congratulations!
Guess what we got today. A new water heater for our renter woo-hoo
Post a Comment