Friday, July 9, 2010

Our Home, part 2

Our first full day at home and we find that the water heater is also leaking. It apparently rusted out. I have been told that it is uncommon for one to last 12 years so I guess we should feel lucky? I know that I should feel fortunate but right now I just feel frustrated.

We have spent the day trying to get a hold of contractors and excavators to come give us an estimate on what needs to be done and an idea on cost. You would think that in this economy, someone would be available but for the most part, people have been telling that they are too booked up.

We also found out today that our city has to approve any structure with their engineer and they haven't gotten back with us yet.

Here is what our yard looks like now that the water has dried out. The canals are much deeper and closer to the posts than we originally thought. Hopefully we get an engineer to come look at it soon and give us their recommendations.





No comments: